- The formula for Ruby Woo is dry and a completely flat matte but this results in the most amazing staying power and colour pay off. You can see by the swatches below how dry the lipstick formula is.
- RiRi Woo is a little more moisturising than Ruby Woo but only a little. Mac have recently released mattes that are so comfortable to wear, this is not like that. You need to make sure your lips are properly prepped so that you don't see all of the imperfections in your lips once the product is applied. This formula like Ruby Woo and delivers amazing opaque coverage and staying power with only one swipe.
- Both are $36AU each but RiRi Woo is limited edition and online only. Ruby Woo you can pick up in the Back To Mac program.
- Ruby Woo is in my opinion the perfect red for everyone no matter what your skin tone. Its is blue based red and something I imagine Marilyn Monroe wearing. Being blue based, it also gives your teeth that extra pearly white appearance.
- RiRi Woo is described on Mac website as a cool matte red but I personally think the only slight difference in the colours is that RiRi Woo is a touch brighter.
|Swatches - Mac Ruby Woo vs Mac RiRi Woo|
I love both of these lipsticks, simply because I love the colour. I wish that the fomula was more like the new Mac Mattes just because they are more comfortable to wear. I would love to hear your thoughts on this lipstick and don't fret if you missed out, remember there are 4 installments of the RiRi Hearts Mac Collection including the re-release of RiRi Woo and more lipsticks are on the way!
Peace and Love,